Thursday, June 20, 2013

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

After taking a break from blogging for almost a year I am back! I started this new blog due to being almost out of space on the other one and to start fresh! The last year has flown by and has been quite the adventure with Trystan and Taylee! Yep she is a year old already and I have no idea where the time went. We have lots of fun things planned for this summer and I wanted to share it with all who are interested. I am terrible at sending pictures of my kids and who am I kidding, I have been terrible at taking pictures with anything but my phone.  So my goal is to have a ton of fun this summer, take lots of pictures of our fun and then write about it! So we kicked off our summer with a Luau Birthday party for our pretty girl. She didn't dig smashing her cake... she doesn't like stuff on her hands:) But the food was delicious, and we had fun with the family. The older kids had a huge water fight that almost ended up in my house :0 Luckily someone was setting in front of the door when my little sisters were attempting to drown one another with the hose!
 The princess
 The Cake, Thank You Pinterest
 The Decorations


 Thanks to Uncle Kaysen, Trystan Scored an Awesome Water gun!


The week after Tay's Birthday we were off to St. Louis! Trystan was a Rockstar on the flight there and was so excited to be going to Grandma's and to play with his cousins. Everyone was going for Heather's wedding except Kaysen (He was the smart one). I did not take my camera, I have a few pictures on my phone, but have not uploaded them yet! Sorry. Mikie and I went to a Cardinals game, I had never been to one before, and am not a huge baseball fan, but the stadium is really nice and it was a  beautiful night and we had AMAZING seats thanks to Mike! There was way too much family drama, but the kids had tons of fun with their cousins. Sunday while everyone else went to church Mikie and I took the kids to the zoo. It was nice to just have an us day! Trystan loved it, Taylee not so much. Mikie got to experience driving home in a full blown midwest rain storm where you can't see the tail lights of the car directly in front of you! We were grateful the rain held out until we got to the car. 
We also took the kids to The Magic House. Grandma and Aunt Annie came with us and we all had a great time. The rest of the week was spent in Grandma's basement shooting arrows, climbing polls, jumping on beds, and blowing lots and lots of bubbles. The flight home was awful, we were all done and ready to be home. Mikie and I both went back to work as soon as we got home, we took Trystan to the circus on Saturday and had so much fun watching him get so excited. We had a nice relaxing father's day with the best daddy in the world and we haven't seen him since. Mikie is super busy at work and is working from about 6am to 1or 2am. This too shall pass, In the mean time the kids and I are going to do so fun projects, Stay wet and keep cool for the summer. Stay tuned for our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment