Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ivory soap and the Microwave!

So our first experiment of the summer was to see what happens when you put a bar of Ivory soap in the microwave! I was a little nervous at first and afraid it would make a huge mess, it did make a little mess but it was so worth it! It was amazing!!! (The mess cleaned up easily too). I asked Trystan a few questions before we got started. I unwrapped the soap and handed it to him and asked him what it was his response was classic Trystan... 
 "I don't know what it is, smells like poop"
 This was the look I got when I told him we were going to put it in the Microwave
 Watching it cook and grow "Mom look its going to explode, I think it might blow up the microwave, Its going to grow bigger than our house! Let it cook longer lets see how big it can get! I think it will touch the moon"
 "Eww its all foamy and crumbly!"
 The final product. It kind of deflates as soon as you open the Microwave but it really is very cool to watch. Trystan loved it and we had to do it again when daddy got home so he could see the magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment