Saturday, September 27, 2014

Proud Mama Moment....Not so much!

A couple of weeks ago Taylee and I went to Cafe Rio for lunch. She is my little lunch buddy these days while Tryst is at school. She is usually really good too, however, she was in rare form on this particular day and I don't think I have ever turned so many shades of red. Taylee LOVES babies.  All babies, we see them at the store or wherever we go and she wants me to chase down the mom so she can see and talk to the baby... don't worry I don't actually do this.  Anyway, we had just gotten our lunch and sat down to eat when this little girl, I'm going to guess she was just over one, took off from her mom who was waiting in line and came over to talk to Taylee.  The little girl touched Taylee's leg, the girls mom came over and got her daughter and as they walked away from our table  my sweet, sassy, little ginger screams "I HATE THAT STUPID BABY!!!!" 
I wanted to crawl under the table. My face was as red as the tray my food was sitting on and I was completely speechless. As the event flashed back in my mind and I returned to reality. I apologized to the other mother, pulled my 2 year old into my lap and reminded her that we do not say hate or call anyone stupid. She looked up at me smiled her sweetest smile and said okay mama I sorry and wiggled her way off my lap. Her eyes were telling a completely different story. She then proceeded to go squat in the corner and every bit as loudly as before announce that she was pooping. After she finished her business she stood up shouted "I done poopin!" She then proceeded to walk over to the window, push her booty up against it and sway her hips side to side screaming "SQUISH, SQUISH, SQUISH!" I was mortified but could not do anything but laugh at this point. So I grabbed my phone, snapped a pic (a blurry one), dumped our tray, picked up my daughter and left. I think it is safe to say our lunch dates are over for a while.  


No comments:

Post a Comment